Carrot Breakfast/Snack Cookie
Ingredients: 1 cup oats, 1 cup whole wheat or regular flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp ground ginger, 2 medium carrots grated, ¼ cup raisins, ½ cup maple syrup, ½ cup coconut oil, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
2. In a large bowl combine, oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and ginger. Mix well. Add in raisins and carrots.
3. In a separate bowl combine maple syrup and coconut oil.
4. Pour the liquid into the dry mixture and stir. If it’s really wet don’t worry I like to let it sit for 5 minutes.
5. Scoop onto cookie sheet with a spoon or small ice cream scoop. Leave lots of room between cookies.
6. Bake for 15-17 minutes and cool.