1/4 cup diced onion
1 ear of corn, kernels cut off or 1/2 cup frozen
1 1/2 cup peas (fresh from pod or frozen)
2/3 slices of bacon cut into 1/4 inch strips
1. Boil water for pasta. Meanwhile cut kernals off corn, and take peas out of pods (great for kids to do) While cooking pasta reserve a cup of pasta water for sauce
2. A little oil in a skillet to sautéed bacon, remove once cooked, add onion, 2 minutes, add peas and corn, season with salt, once peas and corn cook (3-4 minutes) add bacon. Than add cooked noodles in and a little water and toss together.
2 teaspoons olive oil
4 small or 3 large bone- skin-on chicken breasts
1 16 ounce can of tomato sauce or 2 8 ounce cans
2/3 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon of garlic powder, cumin, oregano
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon sugar, salt & pepper
For the peach salsa:
1 cup of peaches, diced
1/2 cup red bell pepper finely diced
2 tablespoons red onion finely minced
juice of 1 lime
1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves finely chopped
salt to taste
prepared green salsa, sour cream,1 cup finely shredded purple cabbage, Corn or flour tortillas, lime wedges and cilantro
1. In a bowl stir together the tomato sauce, chicken broth, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, oregano, sugar, salt and pepper.
2. In a large pan heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper. Place the chicken skin side down and cook for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown. Flip and cook until golden brown.
3. Add tomato sauce mixture to cover chicken ¾, if not enough liquid add more chicken stock. Bring to a boil and than reduce to a simmer for 35 minutes.
4. Remove the skin and bones and shred the chicken with 2 forks. Pour the remaining sauce from the pan over the shredded chicken and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Crockpot instructions: Place the chicken and tomato sauce mixture in a Crockpot. Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
For the peach salsa: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl; place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
* Serve with toppings and tortillas.